Last Updated on March 7, 2023 by Anna Dees
Image Source: sewingsavvy.org
An embroidery is a form of decorative needlework that has been around for centuries. It is traditionally used to embellish clothing and household linens, but nowadays it can be used to create anything from wall hangings to purses and hats. If you’re new to embroidery, you may be wondering how to display your finished projects.
In this article, we’ll give you a complete guide to displaying embroidery. By the end, you’ll have all the information you need to show off your embroidery skills.
Ways On How To Display Embroidery
There are many ways how to display embroidery. It can be hung on a wall, placed on a shelf, or even worn as clothing. The options are endless! Here are some ideas on how to display embroidery in your home.
Hanging On A Wall
Image Source: frankie.com.au
One of the most popular ways to display embroidery is by hanging it on a wall. This can be done by using a frame or simply sewing it onto a piece of fabric. If you are using a frame, make sure to use one that is large enough to fit the entire embroidery. It is also important to choose a frame that compliments the embroidery design.
Sewing It Onto A Piece Of Fabric
Another popular way to display embroidery is by sewing it onto a piece of fabric. This can be done by using a needle and thread or by using a sewing machine. If you are hand sewing the embroidery, make sure to use a strong thread so that it doesn’t break easily. If you are using a sewing machine, make sure to use a zigzag stitch so that the embroidery doesn’t come out easily.
Placing It On A Shelf
Another way to display embroidery is by placing it on a shelf. This is a great option if you want to be able to see the embroidery easily. You can either frame it or simply place it on a shelf without a frame.
Wearing It As Clothing
You can also wear your embroidery as clothing. This is a great option if you want to show off your work. You can either sew the embroidery onto a piece of clothing or you can purchase clothing that already has the embroidery on it.
Tips On How To Display Embroidery
Image Source: crewelghoul.com
When it comes to displaying embroidery, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are a few tips on how to display embroidery:
- Choose the right frame. The type of frame you choose will largely depend on the type of embroidery you have. If you have a delicate piece of embroidery, it is best to choose a frame that will not take away from the piece itself.
- Consider the colors of the embroidery. When choosing a frame, make sure that it does not clash with the colors of the embroidery. You want the frame to complement the piece, not distract from it.
- Hang the embroidery at the right height. The height of the embroidery will also depend on the type of frame you choose. If you have a large frame, you will want to hang the embroidery higher on the wall so that it is easily seen. If you have a smaller frame, you can hang the embroidery lower on the wall.
- Use the right type of hanger. The type of hanger you use will also depend on the type of frame you choose. If you have a delicate piece of embroidery, it is best to use a hanger that will not damage the piece.
- Display the embroidery in a group. If you have multiple pieces of embroidery, you can group them together to create a cohesive display. When grouping embroidery, make sure to consider the colors, frames, and sizes of each piece.
- Following these tips will help you create a beautiful display of your embroidery. With a little thought and planning, you can show off your embroidery in a way that is both stylish and functional.
Benefits Of Displaying Embroidery
Image Source: shopify.com
There are many benefits to displaying embroidery. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that it allows others to see your work. This can be a great way to show off your skills and impress your friends, family, and potential customers.
Another benefit of displaying embroidery is that it helps to keep your work looking its best. If you’re not careful, your embroidery can become tangled or wrinkled. By displaying it, you can keep it looking neat and tidy.
Finally, displaying embroidery can also be a great way to protect your work. If you’re not planning on wearing it right away, storing it in a frame or other type of display can help to keep it from being damaged.
So, if you’re looking for a way to show off your work and keep it looking its best, consider displaying your embroidery. It’s a great way to protect your investment and impress others with your skills.
I’m Anna Dees, founder and editor of grandmaembroidery.com. I have been in the embroidery business for more than two decades, providing customers with quality fabric, threads, designs and helpful advice to create beautiful projects. My blog is dedicated to sharing my knowledge, tips and tricks related to embroidery as well as showcasing the work of fellow embroiderers around the world. I’m passionate about helping others learn more about this wonderful craft and fostering a sense of community among embroidery enthusiasts. With grandmaembroidery.com, I aim to be your go-to source for all things related to embroidery!